Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blessed Perspective

In 2013, I hope to see my life through a more blessed perspective.  I want to be filled with joy and praise Him in all things.

May I never forget...

As I struggle with anxiety because we aren't able to invest much of our paychecks into savings, I know there are families just struggling to pay their bills.

As I beg my girls to "go to sleep" for the tenth time each night and grow more irritated by the minute, I remember there are parents that no longer have their children and would cherish hearing those little voices again.

As I fret over a headache or stomach bug, I can't imagine the pain another feels as her son awaits his second heart transplant.

As I compare my children to others and envy their talents, I reflect on a friend who was overjoyed when her son with Down syndrome started walking shortly before his third birthday.

As I complain about not having had a date night with my husband in over six weeks, I need to be reminded of the one who is apart from her husband for months while he is serving our country overseas.

As I let days go by without talking to my mom or dad, I listen to my husband speak with great sadness and longing for just one more conversation with his father.

As I counsel my children to ignore those who are mean or try to bring them down, I should heed my own advice.

As I read of Christ's love, mercy and grace, I pray that I can do the same.

3 comments:

  1. OH my goodness. I literally have goose bumps. Thank you so much for sharing this...I am just so tickled that you have started this and await your next entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully shared heart Toni:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is this Blog going to be updated?

    ReplyDelete